"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Redeemed

I am redeemed. Jesus has paid my debt and taken my place. 

What did I do to deserve it? Nothing. 

What do I do each and every day to be worthy of this sacrifice? Nothing. 

He paid the ultimate sacrifice for my sins and all I have to do is believe in Him and I will be saved. Because I DO believe in Him I want to follow His Will and His way for my life. How do I know what that is? By reading His guide book, the Bible. It gives me what I need for each and every day. He fills my cup, His mercies are new every day, and hallelujah I am redeemed! To God be the glory!

You know what the beautiful thing is? You CAN be redeemed as well!! Jesus didn't just die for me, He died for you as well. John 3:16-For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 3:23-for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23-For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:3- Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.

John 14:6-Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Romans 10:9-11-If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.  As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."

2 Corinthians 5:15-And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Revelation 3:20-Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

"Redeemed"

by Big Daddy Weave

Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me "son
Stop fighting a fight that's already been won"

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed, I'm redeemed

All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head"
I remember, oh God, You're not done with me yet

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be

Because I don't have to be the old man inside of me
'Cause his day is long dead and gone
Because I've got a new name, a new life, I'm not the same
And a hope that will carry me home

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, 'cause I'm not who I used to be

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, yeah, I'm not who I used to be
Oh, God, I'm not who I used to be
Jesus, oh I'm not who I used to be
'Cause I am redeemed
Thank God, redeemed
Thank God, redeemed 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.