"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, October 22, 2021

Being Still

Being still in a world that loves to rush forward can be hard. We struggle with silence and doing all we can to get ahead. We struggle with the stress of trying to get it all done and doing it all well. We don't stop to think before rushing off to do the next thing. But, what if there was another way?

The good news is: there is! Another one of my favorite verses is:

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14 NIV

This is another verse that holds such promise for me. I don't need to rush and strive and do all I can to get ahead...the Lord is already there, He knows exactly what is ahead and what I need. I need to BE STILL. I need to quit striving, quit seeking what this world has to offer, quit trying to come up with a comeback when someone knocks me down. I just need to be still. Often, if we take just a few moments to shift our focus from looking ahead, to looking up, it will change our entire perspective, and keep us from rushing head-long into something we were not meant to carry.

The Lord may calm your storm, but more often He'll calm you.-Lawrence Darmani

I want a peace that passes all understanding and I will only get that when I get still, quit fighting, quit striving and start seeking the One Who holds all the answers.

I don't know when the last time you needed to be still or quiet was, but I do know that the battles that have had the best outcome are the ones where I was still and let the Lord do His work, not fighting the circumstances, and not getting in His way.  I'll close by sharing a song I love that goes along with being still. Happy Friday, friends!

Peace be Still featuring Lauren Daigle

 
 
I don't want to be afraid Every time I face the waves I don't want to be afraid I don't want to be afraid I don't want to fear the storm Just because I hear the roar I don't want to fear the storm I don't want to fear the storm Peace be still Say the word and I will Set my feet upon the sea Till I'm dancing in the deep Oh peace be still You are here so it is well Even when my eyes can't see I will trust the voice that speaks I'm not gonna be afraid 'Cause these waves are only waves I'm not gonna be afraid I'm not gonna be afraid I'm not gonna fear the storm You are greater than it's roar I'm not gonna fear the storm I'm not gonna fear at all Peace be still Say the word and I will Set my feet upon the sea Till I'm dancing in the deep Oh peace be still You are here so it is well Even when my eyes can't see I will trust the voice that speaks Peace, peace, yeah Over me Oh oh Jesus Yeah Your peace is gonna Let faith, rise up Oh heart, believe Let faith rise up in me Let faith, rise up Oh heart, believe Let faith rise up in me Lift your voice denial Let faith, rise up Oh heart, believe it Let faith rise up in me Let faith, rise up Oh heart, believe Let faith rise up in me Peace be still Say the word and I will Set my feet upon the sea Till I'm dancing in the deep Peace be still You are here so it is well Even when my eyes can't see I will trust the voice that speaks Peace, peace Over me Peace, peace Over me Oh Jesus You're the God of peace, Jesus Ooh ooh yeah Your peace so strong You're on in everyone, Jesus Oh yeah, we receive it We receive it Oh, let the peace come And wash over all the kneelers Oh oh oh We thrust into you Oh Jesus And make our hearts wake up 'Cause you increase The strength of all of your children ooh So let faith, rise up Oh heart, believe Let faith rise up in me It's our plea tonight andx Let faith, rise up Oh heart, believe Let faith rise up in me One more time, again Let faith, rise up Oh heart, believe it Let faith rise up in me Let faith, rise up Oh heart, believe it Let faith rise up in me Peace be still Say the word and I will Set my feet upon the sea Till I'm dancing in the deep, lord Peace be still You are here so it is well Even when my eyes can't see I will trust the voice that speaks Peace, peace Over me Peace still, peace yeah Over me Hallelujah You bring peace, Jesus Everywhere Anywhere should be Anywhere should be

6 comments:

  1. This is so true, Cindy, "If we take just a few moments to shift our focus from looking ahead, to looking up, it will change our entire perspective."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's easy to think it all depends on us, but if we stop to be still and focus on God we will see what he can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being still, it's really wise,
    but it is not my answer.
    I see the tumours with my eyes,
    and can't be still 'fore cancer.
    Time's a-running far too quick,
    and there's still so much to do
    and I am feeling so darn sick,
    so close to being through,
    like right now, house is really warm
    and I am just so cold,
    chilled enough to feel alarm,
    and so I'm really sold
    on pushing myself to the limit
    at grave's edge, 'fore I am in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sorry for the struggle you are going through, Andrew. Being still is really wise and I agree that time is running far too quick. Have a great weekend.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.