"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Trust Without Borders

We were living overseas the first time I heard the song "Oceans." I remember being in this room that
looked like a schoolroom, sitting on the back row, and hearing the words "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders let me walk upon the waters wherever You would call me, take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior." These words brought tears to my eyes as the words soaked into my soul. The Lord had literally led us across the oceans and we were outside the US borders and well outside of our comfort zone.

While the Lord doesn't necessarily work in such drastic measures, sometimes I wish He would. It is when we are taken beyond our borders of comfort that we learn to trust the One Who indeed knows best. I learned to lean on the Lord harder and dig deeper into His Word more than I had in a long time. I learned that when I came to the end of my rope, Jesus was there. When I felt I could go no further, He carried me. I hope that you will learn to sing with all your heart, "Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders," because that is truly when we learn to trust in Him more.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)

Words and Music by Matt Crocker, Joel Houston & Salomon Lightelm

Verse 1
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep my faith will stand

Chorus
I will call upon Your Name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Verse 2
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You’ve never failed and You won’t start now

Bridge
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

Last Chorus
I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

 You can listen to the song here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.