"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Being an encourager

Boost

Buoy

Hearten 

Inspire

Reassure

Spur 

Strengthen

Brighten

Cheer

Encourage


"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

 Encouragement. It is something that we all need. No matter what we have going on in our lives, we all need more encouragement. Even if everything is going smooth and right, doesn't it lift your mood when someone smiles at you, holds the door for you, or offers a kind word? I know it does me. It does not take much to offer a kind word, or smile, yet people tend to wallow in their discouragement, their circumstances, the news the world has to offer. Being self-focused instead of other-focused. I know I have been guilty of this more than I would like. We all need more encouragement and I want to challenge you (and me) to be someone who offers an encouraging word instead of a complaint, a smile instead of a frown.

 "Encouragement is awesome. Think about it. It has the capacity to lift a man's or a woman's shoulders. To breathe fresh air into the fading embers of a smoldering dream. To actually change the course of another human being's day, week, or life." ~ Charles R. Swindoll

"I know why I am here and my only real focused goal is to live each day to the fullest and to try and honor God and be an encouragement to others. What the future holds is firmly in God's hands, and I am very happy about that!" ~ Ken Hensley

"Note how good you feel after you have encouraged someone else. No other argument is necessary to suggest that never miss the opportunity to give encouragement." ~ George Burton Adams 

Do you need encouragement today? Maybe offer some to someone else and see if it doesn't make you feel a little better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.