"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, October 23, 2021

The Straight Path

 Today the prompt is path.

My word for the year is "surrender" and the verse that the Lord placed on my heart for this word is 

"In all your ways submit (surrender) to Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:6 

This verse is most often quoted with the previous verse, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."  Proverbs 3:5 

While it is obviously best to read these verses together for a better understanding of the context, my sole focus for the year has been Proverbs 3:6.

So, what do I do with my verse of the year? Before I start my "work" for the day, I write it at the top of my planner, every single day. Why? Because I want to be surrendered to the Lord, doing His work for the day, not mine, therefore, keeping me on the straight path. Again, why? Because when I lean on my own understanding and don't surrender my day to Him I end up on the crooked path. The one that scrolls Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, the one that texts friends, checks emails and before you know it the day is half done and you haven't done anything productive. Not that those things are bad, but I don't necessarily think they are what the Lord wants me to spend my entire day on.

Do I always get it right? Of course not. I am not perfect. However, what I do know is that I want to be fully surrendered to where God wants me to be, doing what God wants me to do, walking the path that he has for me. Not my will, but His be done. I also know that it is not an easy path, paved with shortcuts, it requires effort and work on my part, whether I feel like it or not. One final thing I know: no matter how hard the path is, it WILL be worth it. To God be the glory, forever and ever, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.