"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Finding Power in prayer

The first thing I thought of when I saw today's prompt, power, was Acts 1:8. There is nothing more powerful than God. You might try to convince me otherwise, but, spoiler alert, you can't. I am stubborn that way. When we accept Christ as our Savior we are filled with the POWER of the Holy Spirit. That should set us on fire as nothing else can.

The Bible speaks over and over again of the power of God, the power of His hand, it speaks of how great and mighty is our God in His Power. 

I am incredibly thankful for the sacrifice that Christ made on the cross and the power of the Holy Spirit in my life. I am thankful for the sacrifice that Christ made and how it allows me to have a relationship with God. I do not need an intercessor. I can approach His throne boldly (Heb 4:16) and present my requests to God. However, if I do not know what to pray for the Holy Spirit will intercede on my behalf (Romans 8:26).

There is power in prayer. There is power in prayer. I will say it louder for those in the back: THERE IS POWER IN PRAYER. My God who is able to do more than I can possibly imagine (Eph. 3:20) hears me when I pray (1 John 5:14). Does this mean that I always get what I want? No, of course not. Sometimes God says yes, sometimes no, and other times we have to wait. Regardless, there is power in prayer. One of my favorite verses on this topic, especially since I have experienced it, is Acts 4:31. Why was the place shaken? Because there IS power in prayer. One of the reasons we do not always see it or experience it is because we give up before God answers the prayer. We get tired of waiting. But, as I said in a recent post, good things come to those who wait. God wants to give us good things, but we can be so impatient, rushing ahead of Him, that we mess things up for ourselves. 

Right now I see so many hopeless situations. Some of the stuff that is going on in this world seems hopeless. Some of the health situations people are facing seem hopeless. Not finding the answers you want seems hopeless. When all seems lost, can I encourage you to turn to the One Who holds all the answers? The One who is Power and has all authority. The One that simply said a word and the world was formed, the One who created you in your mother's womb, the One who made you who you are today. The One who sees you when you feel unseen, the One who loves you when you feel unloveable, the One who chose you and waits for you to choose Him. Turn to Him and bask in His power as you present your requests to Him. I have seen God answer prayer after prayer. One of the things that has helped to see the answers is by 1) asking for specific requests, not vague requests, and 2) writing down my requests and when they are answered going back and writing the date it was answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.