"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, October 4, 2021

Finding Comfort

As one who has had multiple health issues over the last month or so, I am seeking comfort, or more precisely, being comfortable! I am weary and worn out, frustrated by the lack of answers, and by seemingly no progress. However, I do take comfort in the fact that it is not worse. Yes, these health issues have been bothersome and have put me down and out for a few days at a time, but they are not (to my knowledge!) super serious. 

While I do not know the answers or even what tomorrow may bring, I take comfort in the fact that God knows. He holds me in His right hand and He has a plan for me, and I do not need to know all the answers (although it would be nice!). I also want relief but just as God put a thorn in Paul's' side I have to recognize that this could be my thorn. I am hoping not, and I am praying comfort ant answers from the One who knows.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion, and the God of all our comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.