"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Share Four Somethings October 2021

Happy OctNovDecember. I think everyone is confused about what time of year it is. I was in Target yesterday and I saw a display caddie with Halloween and Christmas decorations on it. Seriously! Had I not been in a hurry I would have snapped a picture of it. Welcome back to the monthly post of Share Four Somethings. I love this opportunity to look back over the past month and analyze from a different perspective how the month actually was! Share four somethings is a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month. The categories are Something Loved, Something Read (or Said), Something Treasured, and Something Ahead. Even if you do not participate in the link-up, I would love to hear your four somethings from the last month.

Something Loved

We went to Ohio last weekend to spend my daughter's fall break with her. We got in on Friday afternoon and I took her to get her hair trimmed while her dad and brother grabbed groceries and headed to the house that we rented. One of her friends came for dinner and spent the evening with us, playing games and hanging out.
On Saturday we headed to Columbus and visited a very cool bookstore with 32 rooms! Grabbed Chick-fil-a for lunch, and then Kayla and I headed to get her tips dyed purple while the guys headed to buy Elijah some new work shoes. That evening we just hung out and relaxed together. Sunday we headed to Kayla's church, got to meet her pastor and watch her service on the worship team. That afternoon we had two more of her friends over for dinner, games and hanging out. We had such a great time we did it again on Monday. We loved the time we got with Kayla and really enjoyed meeting and getting to know three of her closest friends. We helped her get her stuff back into her apartment on Tuesday and headed home.
 

 Something Read or Said

I have had a great month of reading finishing 22 books between last month's post and this one. I am
going to share a few of my favorite books from the month but feel free to head to my book blog for more info and the reviews. I put on two of the pictures the whole series :)

Something Treasured

I am treasuring the time that I have with my kiddos and watching them develop into the young lady and young man that God wants them to be. It was really fun to go shopping with them last weekend and they spent their OWN money on their book purchases 😀 It is so weird being in this place of
parenting/kids growing up and gaining independence. I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do but I am so thankful for my kiddos and the gift of being their parent and watching/enjoying them growing up and getting more independent every day.

Something Ahead

We have several things coming up in November. My son will have finished all his work in his Driver's Education class and will have his eye exam. He *might* get to do his driving portion and then he will be able to get his driving permit. (our state requires you go through a class and 6 hour driving portion before you get our permit, then you have to do 60 hours of supervised driving before you can get your license). Thanksgiving is also coming up. We are not sure what we are doing yet, but we are pretty sure we will be bringing our daughter home for the holiday, which will mean to quick trips to OH to get her and take her back. Regardless, we are looking forward to having her home for a few short days. I am also participating in two Christmas reading challenges, one is from October-December to read 20 (or 5-10) Christmas themed books (I don't think I have ever read that many in a season, except when my kiddos were little and we read a ton of Christmas books), the other is a Read-a-thon from November 18-20. I love challenges and reading so I am pretty excited. If this sounds like something you would like join in on, whether officially or unofficially, you can click on the highlighted words to be taken to the posts for more information.

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have read or said? Something treasured? Something you are looking forward to? I would love to hear from you!

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

You can join the link-up here.

 Share Four Somethings

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. What a reader you are!!

    I have a daughter in college, too. What wonderful creatures they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 22 books in a month?? My goodness. That is a LOT! And how lovely to spend time with your daughter now that she's out of home. It's my fav at the moment, tho ours is just round the corner! #ShareFourSomethings

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun month you had - and such a nice visit!! Your daughter really seems to be enjoying college. And soon you will have another driver in the family. So interesting that you have to drive (and log hours!) before you ever even get a permit!?!? Hope you have another great month ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.