"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, October 29, 2021

In the Morning

 
 
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8

In the morning, give me Jesus. As I go about this day, give me Jesus. When I lay my head on my pillow, give me Jesus. You can have ALL this world has to offer, just give me Jesus.

"Give Me Jesus"

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

7 comments:

  1. We do need more of Jesus, Cindy. Thanks for sharing Torri Kelly's version of the song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by. I couldn't find the exact version of this song (I have really struggled lately with remembering the artist of songs), but this one was really close.

      Delete
  2. Give me Jesus! Yes, yes! This says it all, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lisa, nothing more needs to be said :)

      Delete
  3. Greetings from another Davis family -- and thank you for the lovely song. There's a meme I keep seeing that says: All I need is coffee and Jesus. But that's in the wrong order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lisa,
      I totally agree! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.