"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Do not be afraid

 Afraid.

Anxious.

Frightened.

Nervous.

Scared.

Timid.

Alarmed.

Dismayed. 

Distressed.

Petrified.

Worried.

We struggle with all of these. Some more than others, but they are all the same as being afraid and worried. The Bible tells us over and over again not to be afraid, not to worry, not to be dismayed.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. It offers so much encouragement. We do not have to be afraid, anxious, worried, dismayed, because GOD WILL strengthen us and help us, He holds us with His right hand. I love this so much. God is holding me up and He gives me the strength that I need.

"Worry ends where faith begins." -Poh Fang Chia

"He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater, He sendeth more strength when the labors increase. To added affliction He addeth His mercy; to added affliction He addeth His mercy; to multiplied trials, His multiplied peace." -Annie Johnson Flint (He Giveth More Grace)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.