"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Temporary

Temporary means not permanent, for a brief time, or season. While most people long for things to be
permanent, like their career, or their house, or a relationship, there is comfort to be found in the temporary as well. 

When I am in a season of sickness I find that I am thankful that it is temporary and not permanent.

When I look at this world and the chaos surrounding us I am incredibly thankful that this world is not our permanent home.

For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. Hebrews 13:14

As my body gets older and doesn't always work in the way that I want or need it to (especially with brain fog, LOL), I am thankful that my body is temporary.

While I enjoy the temporary that this world has to offer, I do find myself longing for the permanency of heaven. And, what a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.