"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our temporary home

Yesterday we set up our Christmas tree.

It doesn't matter that it's 90 degrees outside and doesn't feel like Christmas.

It doesn't matter that it was only November 19.
It doesn't matter that it's the smallest Christmas tree ever.

It doesn't matter that we are in temporary housing.
It doesn't matter that we won't be here for Christmas.
What matters is making the most of our situation and making this "temporary house" our home, for as long as we are here.
That reminds me of Carrie Underwood's song "Temporary Home:"
"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."

This is our temporary home, just a stop to where we are going...the only thing I am sure of, is that our final destination is Heaven.
I plan to enjoy my time here...making the most of every opportunity...with the candles burning and the Christmas music blaring from my little MP3 player, we decorated for Christmas and had so much fun!
"Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.'" John 14:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.