"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Moving

The guy from the moving company came to do our survey today. It went well. I had wanted to bail out and have Matt deal with it (part of the resistance/denial thing), but I put on my "big girl panties" and I dealt with it. I am glad I did, Matt missed several things as we were going through...that's why we are a team, he gets what I miss and I get what he misses...
We are officially moving into temporary quarters next week. The movers will be back to pack all our things on the 16th and 17th. I am praying that all my stuff will be sorted, my 8 suitcases will be packed and ready to go.
I'm no Cinderella, but don't I have a fairy god-mother? Can't she come in, pack and sort all my things? No? Oh well, it was worth a shot.
Please continue to pray for us through these next few weeks. All moves are hard, even good ones. Elijah is super clingy, needing to sit in my lap and cuddle, at least half a dozen times a day. He doesn't want to pack anymore, doesn't really want to talk about the move, etc. He's super excited to get to see Grandpa and Grandma, Aunt Lindsay and all our other family members, and he wants to move, but he has such a difficult time with things changing.
I am working on getting some ladies to help with the kids, so they don't have to sit for 16 hours watching all their things being packed up!
Where are we going, you may ask...looks like we are headed back to Charlotte. Matt still has several jobs pending, if we do not get any of them, then we will be in Charlotte for the next year or so.
Thanks again for praying. I know who is in control and I know who holds the future...it's not me...and it's not time for us to know all things yet. In God's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.