"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I will enter His gates with Thanksgiving in my heart!

One of the books I am currently reading is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It's a pretty deep, philosophical book, you can't just sit and read it...you have to take time to ponder and let the words soak in. I am really thankful for my new friend Andrea, for giving me this book. With everything going on it's been a while since I've been able to run out and shop for books :)
Anyway, I have started my own list of 1000...I'm no where near a thousand, but I am practicing having a thankful heart and finding God in the small moments.

With Thanksgiving being just next week, I want to take a moment to list a few of the things that I am truly thankful for (not necessarily in this order!):

Andrea, for giving me this amazing book!

Jennifer, for giving me another amazing book: Jesus Calling a devotional book.

My husband Matt...because he is an answer to prayer, he loves me with his whole heart, he treats me like a queen, he takes time to care for our children, he spends quality time with our children and he loves them! He packs for me when I can't do it myself, he helps around the house, he helps me keep perspective...When we went to the zoo on Friday, he made sure we all had a great time, making us laugh in these very stressful days...

Kayla, my first born, who loves with her whole heart. She is quick to say "I love you" and quick to obey. She can laugh at herself and is learning to be more independent.

Elijah, my second born, can give the tightest hugs and always makes us laugh. He's not quick to say  "I love you" but he's quick to show that he does. You never know what he is going to say, but it's always interesting ;)
Beautiful sunsets, because they remind me that no matter how bad this day was, tomorrow is a new day, we get to start over, fresh...a new beginning.

Morning cuddles...

RECESS...

Email...

The computer...

Answers to prayer...

Dr. Pepper...

A pool...

Vonage phone...keeps me connected to family and friends in the states...

Internet...so I can get email and use vonage!!!

Bible Study....

IBC Church...

Family...

ALL my friends...near and far...

Matt's job...

Children's laughter...

God. I don't know how people look at creation...the sunsets, the sunrises, the mountains etc and not believe in God...but I do.

I thank Him for all these gifts and so much more.

I am blessed beyond measure.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I'm not perfect, nor do I try to be. But, I am trying to be joyful always, finding God in all things, praying as much as I can, and trying to give thanks in ALL things, not just the good things. I am a work in progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.