"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Answered prayer

God has answered so many of my prayers...just not always in my time. For over a year Matt and I have been praying for direction as to where we were supposed to move. We knew it was coming and wanted to know so we could plan for it.
Several times over the past year or so we prayed for a specific location, which was also tied to a specific job. Each time God answered...after a while, no. It wasn't the answer we wanted, but we knew that God had our best interest in mind.
Then, when I started a new Bible Study, I stopped praying for specific locations and started praying for answers. I am learning to ask God for something or ask Him to "do even better" than what I have asked for, thanks to Priscillia Shirer.
Again, God answered my prayers...not in my time...but in His time. We have our answers, but the purpose is not so clear. BUT, that's okay! God has a plan and He says we don't need to know right now :)
One thing at a time.
Thank you God, for answering prayers, not in my timing, but in your perfect timing.
"God speaks to those who take time to listen, and he listens to those who take time to pray." -Anonymous
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.