"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lizards

We have had quite a few encounters with Lizards over the past 5 years of living overseas....

It all started when God moved us to Africa...

One day I dropped something down in the couch cushion where I ALWAYS sat. So, I picked up the couch cushion and there was a dead lizard. I have no idea how long it had been there, we saw live ones running around all the time, but this guy had obviously been there for a while.

Since moving to Singapore I have learned that the lizards or geckos are a lot "livlier" than the ones in Africa. Here, they jump out of trashcans at you, (making you do some pretty fancy dancing not to step on them, yep, it was me and it was pretty funny) mate on your balcony, live in your aircon unit, leave "presents" all over the walls and floors and eat leftover food that messy children have left on the floor or table.

Last week Elijah spilled apple juice on the floor and neglected to mention it to anyone. The problem? The next morning a lizard was stuck to our kitchen floor! Trying desperately to get away. Thankfully Matt was the first one to the kitchen and not me.

Here is our most recent encounter...

This guy was licking the cinnamon off the cinnamon toasty for all he was worth. Never mind that we were all watching him!
Moral of the story? Hopefully the kids will remember to clean up their messes and none of these guys will follow us back to America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.