"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hair Cuts

This is our last week with with our car and we are getting on the plane in 22 days...so I was trying to be productive this week. On Tuesday I took the kids to get there hair cut for the last time in Singapore....or at least it's Kayla's last time...Elijah's  might need to be cut one more time...we'll wait and see. We have taken them to The Little Red Dot the whole time we have been in Singapore and have always had good results...the kids love it because they ALWAYS get a sucker when they are finished ;) It used to be named Fantastic Sam's and I had gotten the recommendation from a friend in Nairobi who lived in Singapore before she lived in Nairobi (it really is a small world!!). The kids stylists have changed over the years...but it's been nice going to the same location, because they always know what to expect.



Today I went and got my hair cut for the last time in Singapore. You can always tell when I get my hair cut because it is the only time it is straight!!! I have gone to the same stylist for the 3 years we've been here and I really like her! Her name is Angie at Janzten Salon at Centrepoint Mall. I tell her what I want and she does it. If I'm not sure what I want then she makes suggestions. She is very quick, I am in and out in an hour...but she spends at least 30-40 minutes just drying my hair straight! She is always making comments that make me laugh...today she told me she was making my hair big and sexy! So funny! If she thinks this is big then she should have seen my hair in high school :) Angie was also recommended from my friend in Nairobi...hopefully I can pass her name on to other people. I am thankful that I've been able to have the same stylist and that she's not moved on to another location!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.