"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ephesians 5:20 My verse for the week

Are you ever too stressed to see the blessings in your life? Do you ever find yourself feeling discontent and can't help the feeling? Drowning in your pity party and you have every right to be there?
Well, I was walking around in a fit of discontent and couldn't stop pouting about it. It started on Saturday when things were not going my way...the answers were not what I wanted them to be...there are still too many unknowns...it's not fair!
Well, I was in a good snit and coudln't see my way around it, and on Tuesday God says enough. One of the books I am currently reading is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. So, Tuesday night I am reading this book and these lines pop out at me (paraphrasing just a bit) "Happy in all these little things that God gives...Joy is the realest reality, the fullest life, and joy is always given, never grasped. God gives gifts and I give thanks and I unwrap the gift given:joy....It is this:to give thanks in this one small thing....And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20
Wow! Okay, God, I hear you...but...
The next morning I am finishing up my devotions and I get a text...Do you have the book Jesus Calling? Um, no. I used to have it but I gave it back to my sister...well you really need to read today's devotional and read the verses Ephesians 5:20 and Isaiah 30:15. So, I promptly read them. Okay, God, I hear you!!
Yes, Cindy, you hear me, but are you listening???
Thursday morning, I get up and get dressed etc, I get on the computer and check email and facebook. The first post on my facebook wall is a friend quoting Ephesians 5:20. OKAY! Yes, God, I hear you and I am listening. Forgive my discontent. Thank you for your many blessings!
I am listening. Nothing had changed...except my attitude. I can give thanks in the small things. God has always provided for all my needs...sometimes even my wants ;)
He is good all the time...He never changes...but He can change us, if we let Him.
Here are just a few of my MANY blessings:
Love that man and am so thankful for the 12 1/2 years we have had together...excited about the many years to come!!
Next....

Love her!! She is so thoughtful and kind, God blessed us with her 9 years ago...she's growing up!

My next blessing.....

God blessed us with this little monkey 6 1/2 years ago...he is full of energy, all boy, loving, funny and kind and so silly!! Love him so much!

I am thankful for the sister in Christ who said you need to read this! You were right, thanks Jennifer, for being that friend and not afraid to speak that truth in Christ!
I am thankful for the even the smallest of things...the makeup that helps hide the bags under my eyes today, as I did not get much sleep last night!
I heard God, I am not perfect, but I am accepting that He is in control, and I will continue to give Him thanks in ALL things :)

1 comment:

  1. You're such a blessing to me, too! I'm glad God is speaking loud and clear to you lately. Keep on trusting Him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.