"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, November 28, 2011

House Hunting

Matt and I have been looking at houses for what seems like forever. Whenever we are bored, or when we were looking at specific locations, we would look at the houses there.
Now we know where we are going and it's time to get serious.
So, a few weeks ago we "really" started looking, making lists, checking them twice, three times, four, five...
Then, it happened.
I fell in love with the perfect house!
So, I did what an logical person would do in my situation, I showed my husband the house I have to have...then I sent off an inquiry email to the realtor.
The next day I looked to see if the house was still there, it was so wonderful I was sure it would be snapped up...but no, it was still there.
So this began the beginning of a wonderful relationship with a fabulous realtor in South Charlotte.
She gave me all the information I could want about this house and wanted more info about us and our situation, which I quite happily gave her...which she in turn generated two separate lists of houses that she thought we would like...with over 40 homes between the two lists.
Over the past few weeks we have been in contact with this realtor almost on a daily basis. Asking more questions on the houses she has given us and her asking how things are going etc...
Last week we finally narrowed the list down to 14. Over this past weekend we narrowed it down to 7. Yesterday we labeled them #1-7, starting with our favorite.
I do have to say that my number one is not Matt's, but every time he comes up with one he seems to like better, I give him the reasons why my house is better...he always agrees. Not because he is that agreeable, but because the house is that great.
As of today, it is still there. The owners have decided to rent/sale, which ever comes first.
I am praying that in 19 days it is still there, so I can walk through it and see if it is as wonderful as the pictures portray it to be.
I am quite thankful for this wonderful realtor that God has provided us with. She is amazing and I already feel like she has gone above and beyond the norm of most Realtors. We did inquire about some other houses with other Realtors and they were not helpful at all...which is another reason why I know she is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.