"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Life is fragile, handle with care

Today I am reminded of how fragile life is and how blessed we are.

One of my friends' friends is in hospice care. She has 2 children, ages 10 and almost 12. I am heartbroken. This is one of those situations that you think life is not fair. And, it's not. But, we are not guaranteed tomorrow.  Live as if it is your last day here, because it very well could be.

I want to have no regrets, I want my children and husband to know how much I love them. I want to spend more time with them, playing, making memories and leaving no room for regrets. I want them to know that they are more important than the "other" things we tend to get busy with.

This is a reminder to live life fully, making the most of every opportunity, living with no regrets.

"Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life." Jude 1:21

"Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.