"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Words Hurt

I remember a conversation I had with Kayla not so long ago...where I tried to convince her that words can't hurt us.
Yesterday, I heard something that someone said about me...IT HURT. Why did I try to convince my daughter that words couldn't hurt us? Here I am, today, still stewing over something someone said...unfortunately words hurt and have the power to have control over us, if we let them. I think I owe my daughter an apology!!!
I shouldn't be stewing over it, I know that the words were untrue, but that's what makes it hurt more. When someone speaks an untruth about us, tainting our reputations.
I am usually so careful of what I say about others, not wanting to be unkind, or untrue. I have always had a complex where I want people to like me and to some extent I still do. Not to where I am going to lie to you or tell you what you want to hear, but I try not to say anything hurtful. This has opened my eyes and I will be more careful of my words...because, they do hurt!

"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." Proverbs 12:25

I could use some kind words today and will be speaking kindly to my kids...

This song was running through my head yesterday and this morning, it's Blessings by Laura Story:

"Blessings"
We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your word is not enough
And all the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

'Cause what if your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not,
This is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near

What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.