"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ariel the Trickster and Diego Boy

We had a good day today. The kids had their quiz meet in Monroe and they did well. They both had "high scores," which they were excited about. Although Elijah asked "What's the red ribbon for?" Kayla said "For having a high score!" She keeps up with it better than him ;) She will actually ask how many she has missed half way through a round, simply because she wants to make sure she is going to get a ribbon. She was on question 16 (out of 20) today and hadn't missed one. She said "I feel like I am going to have a perfect round." She was so excited. Then she missed question 18...it was one that had been giving her trouble in practice as well....I kind of felt like she jinxed herself...oh well, thankfully she wasn't upset. Her and Elijah also got a verse for memorizing their Bible verses.
 
This evening the kids were playing a pretend game...Kayla was Ariel the trickster and Elijah was Diego boy. Kayla had her Ariel blanket tied around her neck like a cape and Elijah had his Diego blanket tied around his neck...I don't know where they come up with their ideas, but they crack me up. Elijah helped cover Kayla up tonight (and yes, my kids still get tucked in by us at night, it's a special time and gives them another opportunity to share what's on their minds at the end of the day), and he laid down and cuddled with her, it was so cute. He told her "Kayla, lay your Ariel blanket with your clothes tomorrow, so we can play our game until 7" (which is what time they are allowed to turn on the TV). She said "I did! I can't wait to play our game again tomorrow." They can be so sweet sometimes. It was good to see them so cuddly and sweet together, since they've been picking at each other for a few days...
 
Ariel the Trickster and Diego Boy have gone to bed for the night...but hopefully they won't be so excited about their game that they get up too early in the morning...if I am up before they "finish" playing their game I will try to grab a picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.