"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Downcast

So, I am feeling really blue today. I am on a new medicine to prevent the headaches I have been getting every.single.day...the only problem is that it has made me so incredibly tired today and that has made me feel blue. It's weird. But, I was flipping through my Bible and looking at some passages I had highlighted and this one jumped out at me:
"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:5
Looking further down the page I saw :"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within m? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11
Now, why is that repeated twice, in the same passage? Probably, because, if you are like me, you are a little dense and we need to read it twice to actually get it. To stop and think and ponder it.
"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:5 & 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.