"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, January 18, 2013

Thanksgiving

This has been a rough week. Each day started off rocky, but thankfully improving as the day went on. Instead of moaning and groaning about the week, I choose to be thankful.
Some of God's gifts and blessings this week, in no particular order:

  • God's grace and mercy. The chorus from the hymn "God's grace" keeps going around my head "Grace, grace, God's grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within; Grace, grace, God's grace, grace that is sufficient for all our sin!"
  • Skype.
  • Unexpected days off.
  • Getting the kitchen floor swept. Seriously, it was bugging my type A personality self.
  • My Wednesday night Bible Study group.
  • Elijah not having a fever today.
  • Matt coming home from his trip tonight.
  • Surviving these last 2 weeks, which I could have not done without the help of my Lord and Savior.
  • Peace.
  • Home school PE, the kids love it, so I love it! What a gift to have someone else teaching them PE :) They don't complain with Ms. Donna!
  • My mother in law.
  • Two hours by myself, to run errands.
  • Puzzles!
  • A fireplace.
  • Prayer.
  • Books.
  • Music.
  • Friends.
  • Family.
  • Matt having a job and job security...I am continually thankful for this, especially when there are so many people who don't have a job, or not sure how long they will have their jobs.
"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." Philippians 2:14-15. (I am trying...not always easy...it's so much easier to grumble and complain!)

" Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." Ephesians 6:10

14 "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." Ephesians 6:14-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.