"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Encouragement

I have a lot of thoughts swirling in my head right now. Today has been a roller coaster day of emotions and I am going to choose to dwell on the positives.
 
This morning someone came up to me and told me that my blog inspired them to pray more. And, they were now circling something in prayer. I can't tell you how much that made my day. I have always had poor self-esteem and I don't handle compliments very well...as this person probably found out! But, it really made my day. It is rare that anyone tells me that I have inspired them in any way, and these words of encouragement really made my day.
 
If someone inspires you, make sure you tell them. You never know when someone needs words of encouragement. We are so quick to tear people down or talk about them behind their backs. How about building people up and only saying nice things? And, if you are talking about them behind their backs, don't be gossiping, still say nice things.
 
"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.