"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mad Libs

I have been looking for some new home school ideas. I feel like their are several things that are not working this year, so in December I went to the library, checked out a bunch of books on homeschooling and started doing research. One of the things I came across was Mad Libs. I thought, what a great way of teaching verbs, noun, adjectives etc and having it stick!! I would never have thought of that on my own...so we were shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond a few days later and I found one on clearance. I picked it up and in January we did one. The kids LOVED it and kept requesting more. Today, they pretty much had a sick day, but kept requesting that we do Mad Libs...okay, fine, you win ;)  I thought I would share the two that I thought were the funniest. The words that are underlined are the words the kids supplied, they only knew the topic, not the story when they gave me words.

Dinosaurs

One hundred and fifty million years ago, the earth was very big. Huge kids, which were called dinosaurs, chomped all over Europe and Ethiopia. The biggest T-Rex of all was the brontosaurus. It weighed over 100 milligrams and ate nothing but plants and chocolate. The most dangerous dinosaur was called tyrannosaurus Richmond. It was as tall as a two-story car. It walked on its hind feet and its mouth was filled with hundreds of sharp, pointy mailboxes. This dinosaur never ate peanut butter. It was a carnivore, and it only ate spaghetti O's and meatballs. It is a good thing that all of these ferocious stuffed animals are now extinct.

A vegetable garden

Planting a vegetable garden is not only fun, it also helps save cars. You will need a piece of pink land at least 20 feet long and 25 inches wide. You may need a fence to keep the mountain laurels and amphibians out. As soon as the cold weather is over, you can get out there with your hammer and plant all kinds of arthropods. Then in a few months, you will have homegrown corn on the universe, lovely, huge tomatoes with fresh green chairs and, best of all, vine-ripened puppets. Homegrown yarn are much more nutritious than 44 vegetables because they contain natural bleach and two vitamins.

The kids took turns supplying the word...can you figure out who picked what words?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.