"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Highlights from 2012

Well, it's amazing, really, to think we've been in this house almost a full year! Where does the time go? We've been back in the states a little over a year, but their are still some things I miss about being overseas. But, overall, I think we are adjusting well to being back.
As I look over the past year, I can't help being thankful for so many things, God has truly blessed us.

Some of our family highlights from this year include:

Trip to TN and meeting my niece, Clara, who was born while we were gone.
Trip to Virginia to see McKee's and Schroeder's.
Buying our house!
Having our house painted.
New furniture :)
Finding a Church we are all comfortable with.
Making new friends.
Seeing Matt's family that lives in Raleigh, we hadn't seen that side of the family in quite a few years.
Elijah turning 7! And, being able to celebrate his birthday with cousins, first time ever!
Kayla playing soccer.
Elijah going on his first camping trip.
Going to Quizzing Regionals in Atlanta...
Connecting with friends from Singapore in Atlanta...
Going to the Atlanta Aquarium.
Going to the Coca-Cola Factory.
Getting to meet my nephew, Nathan, who was also born while we were overseas.
Getting involved in a Homeschooling Co-op.
Family reunion with my side of the family in Tennessee.
Trip to Myrtle Beach!
Carowinds season pass for the summer.
McKee's coming to visit.
Children's church camp.
Starting our second year of homeschooling.
My sister Jennifer and her family coming for a weekend in October!
Elijah playing soccer...and scoring a goal!
Kayla taking gymnastics.
Ladies retreat in Ridgecrest NC.
Kayla turning double digits and being able to celebrate with family for the first time in 6 years.
Matt's sister Emily, and her family, Jeremy and Nathan moving to NC!
Second trip to Virginia to see McKee's and Schroeder's.
Being able to celebrate Christmas with Matt's whole immediate family.
My sister, Jennifer coming back for a second visit on Christmas day!
Loads of family time this year.
Changes.
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
"I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.