"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snow fun!!!

Well, we are on day 2 of our winter storm. I can't believe how much snow we have. It has been years since we have had so much snow in Charlotte. We had a huge ice/snow storm in 2002 and I remember because I had just had Kayla a few weeks before. The next snow storm we had was when Kayla was about 18 months old. We left the country when Elijah was 22 months old, and he never saw snow before we left.
I am very thankful for the snow storm we are having. I know it might sound silly and most people are not thrilled with it, but I am truly thankful for it. This is the most snow my kids have ever seen! Kayla doesn't remember the storm of 2002 and the big snow when she was 18 months old, but they will remember this one. When we were in Africa it was too warm to snow and in Singapore it was too hot to snow. They saw fake snow at the Science Centre in Singapore, but that doesn't count. They've seen flurries here and there over the last few years...but this is the first REAL snow that they will remember. And, I am thankful that God gave us this gift before we move to Greece...where we will probably not see much snow! Pictures from today's snow fun....
Can you see the bird sitting in the cul-da-sac in this top two pictures??? I thought it was so funny!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 "This is so much fun!" -Kayla
 
 
"I'm burying myself in the snow!!!!" -Elijah
 
 Retrieving the snowball she left on the chair yesterday...it had frozen to the chair!
 
 
 Shaking the snow off the tree...
 
 The snow is getting harder!
 Love this!!! So happy to just sit in the snow together!!! Love my kiddoes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.