"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, February 1, 2014

An ordinary day

February 1, 2014

It has been about a year since my last confession...um, I mean post ;)
Life has been super busy and that is putting it mildly...but I am sure everyone feels the same way. Today I had the blessing of having a perfectly ordinary day with my kids. There was no where that we had to be, but I decided I wanted to go shopping. Ever since Elijah's doctor's appointment yesterday, where I noticed his tennis shoes are practically worn out (seriously surprised that his toe had not come through the material! No tread left on the top part of the shoe) it's been bugging me that they had reached that state and I had not noticed. He needed new tennis shoes and I needed to do something easy to mark it off my ever growing to-do list. So, we headed out to Kohl's this morning and he immediately picked a new pair of shoes, making it quick and painless. I love how decisive he can be! After that we headed to the mall, then the library and Target to get some groceries. We got home mid-afternoon and everyone was worn out.
It wasn't an overly exciting day, but we were thrilled to be out shopping, getting some deals and enjoying each other's company, not having to do anything or be anywhere.
It was nice to just be out of the house, away from normal stresses.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.