"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, February 6, 2014

I didn't realize

So, today the craziness began...I had an appointment with the realtor to talk about putting the house on the market. I thought I was prepared and ready for it.
What was unexpected was the amount of stress I felt when I woke up! I immediately went into a frenzy, cleaning and organizing and doing those last few things I had forgotten to do yesterday. Which, of course, stressed me out more. I worked for three hours on the house doing little things, moving things from here to there, sweeping the kitchen floor and making sure the kitchen was clean. Then I ran out to Target to get some croissants and fruit so I would have something to offer her. As we were driving away from the house Elijah said, "I forgot my shoes!" Really?! He's lucky he said something before we got too far or he would have been walking around Target with no shoes and I wouldn't have cared at all (except maybe a tiny bit because it was cold this morning!).
Anyway, we get to Target and they didn't have exactly what I wanted, so I settled, as we were walking toward the check out Elijah ran over my ankle with the cart. IT HURT! I was so upset and ready to cry at that point. He felt terrible, I didn't fuss at him or anything, but they could feel the stress I was under. I felt horrible for them.
We got home and I fixed myself a croissant, adding chocolate to it and poured a huge glass of mellow yello, chilled for a minute and then went and worked on school with the kids. Kayla said a few minutes later "I think the soda is helping." Yep, it was so bad that she could tell the caffeine was helping me to relax.
I should stress that I was not stressed about the realtor herself coming, Jen helped us buy our house and I LOVE working with her. She is amazing. I think I just all the sudden felt overwhelmed by the whole process. By the time she got here I was totally fine, excited to see her and talk about the house. I was very thankful that she didn't give me a long list of things that need to be done!
Did I mention, that I totally forgot to offer her anything to eat or drink? Yep, it was one of those days.
I still feel a bit overwhelmed with the whole process of moving to another country and the sorting and organizing of what goes, what stays and what do we get rid of. But, God is in control and everything will work out exactly how it should and I need to let it go.
Now, I am going to take the kids out to play in the 40 degree cloudiness and let it all go. Eventually I will come back in and figure out what to make for dinner (although I really don't want to mess up my clean kitchen!)
By the way, there will be a fabulous new listing on the market this weekend, in the Steele Creek area ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.