"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Not humorous

I was told today that I am not humorous. The person who said it was dead serious and totally thought that was me. It really bothered me, so I am going to write about it here and hopefully let.it.go!
I can see where this person is coming from, as this person almost always sees me outside of my comfort zone. It also made me aware that even though I might be out of my comfort zone, I need to make an effort to smile more and appear to be happier.
I am not a happy all the time person, nor am I a troll who never smiles...I like to think I am somewhere in between. When I am in my comfort zone I cut up quite a bit (ask my kids!) and am quick to try and defuse a serious situation with humor. I love to laugh and I love to smile. But, it is impossible to walk around with a smile on your face all the time...So, to those who think I never smile...here are a few pictures of me in a more "natural" state...






 
And a few of these are even OUTSIDE my comfort zone...I don't like being up front in front of a crowd...but I found my smile.
So, how do people perceive you? Is it the truth? Or the truth as they see it. I am going to work on changing this person's perception of me, even though it will be difficult, but I am going to let it go. God knows my heart and that is what matters.
"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.