"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Days like this

Today was one of those off days...you know what I mean...You start out with very little sleep, no energy and no motivation. It's not a good place to start out. Especially when you have a million things that need your attention. And, I homeschool the kids. Which means I have made a decision to teach them, on the good days and the bad, unless I am sick, and need to stick to the schedule so we are not finishing the school year in July! Well, I wasn't sick today, but I also had no patience and no motivation. I just wanted to get through what we had to get through and be done.
Today I am feeling overwhelmed with all that is on my plate. The funny thing is, the more overwhelmed and stressed you get, the less you feel like and actually do. The less you do, the more overwhelmed you feel. Most days I am very accepting with my lot in life. I chose to Home School and I have made many other choices that have led to where I am. Some days, like today, I'm not happy with anything. It pretty much doesn't matter what you say or do, I'm not going to be happy. On the days when I am wise, I recognize that no matter how I feel or what's going on, God is not surprised, He's brought me to this place and I have to choose how I am going to react, so on those days I handle things pretty well. And, the things I don't think I can handle all that well, I let them go.
Today, I let my mood dictate over eating and lack of patience...but I did finally wise up. Elijah asked me to sit on the couch with him and watch tv, so I did! It was great to have cuddle time and it's hard to be stressed and overwhelmed when you are cuddling with your baby. If I had been wiser I would have recognized this morning that it would have been in my best interest to blow off school and get some things done around here and then had more time to relax, but lesson learned.
Here's praying that tomorrow will be better!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.