"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, January 1, 2022

New Year Goals 2022

Happy New Year!!! Even though it's 2022 it is so HARD to believe we are at the start of a new year. 

I would like to thank (not really) all the people who posted this meme or a similar meme over the last few weeks. This morning, when I was writing 2022, all I could think of was this!! That is NOT how I want to set the tone for this year 😂 but I can't un-see it.  Send help, I am not okay.

It's a new year, a new day, a new chapter, a new page, a blank slate! It's like the fresh fallen snow, so pure, clean and peaceful (by the way, send snow, I am over the 70's, I want my seasons!). So what are you going to do in this new year? Have you made any goals or plans? Did you buy a new planner so you could start fresh (I totally did!!) I am cautiously optimistic about this year, even though nothing has changed from yesterday to today, I have hope. I know who holds tomorrow!

Here are my priorities/goals for 2022:

  • people over things
  • present over distracted
  • exercise 3x's a week (gotta have it, don't we?)
  • get down to my goal weight and maintain it
  • healthy eating
  • get off coffee (hopefully for a little while and not forever, long enough to see if it is causing some of my stomach issues)
  • attitude of gratitude
  • maintain prayer journal (I have done this for years but 2020 hit and I slacked and 2021 hit and I slacked more), so I want to get back in the habit of keeping it up to date so I know who I am praying for (otherwise I tend to forget)
  • Finish reading my Chronological Bible (I started last year and want to finish it this year)
  • Maintain budget (Matt is planning to start one again, we used to and then ya know 2020, 2021)
  • No emotional spending/splurges
  • Get back into Zone Cleaning (this works SO well when I do it!!)
  • Read 200 books this year (you can see all my book goals here)
  • Post 3 blog posts weekly (I wanted to do this last year and didn't)

Wish me luck!  

What goals/priorities have you set for this year? 

I am excited for this new year and I refuse to let negativity (even in jest) get me down. 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! We do have a bit of snow I can send... but the sun's out so it's not to bad even hough it might be in the 20's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg it was 70 degrees here today it will be 48 tomorrow. We have not seen snow in a few years, I NEED it, LOL. I think I would even take just a tiny bit! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I love your list of goals! Gratitude and staying more present in our lives are both so important, as are all the rest. Good luck this year on achieving all of these. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark! Gratitude and being present are very important. I look forward to striving to reach my goals and enjoying the freshness and possibilities of a new year.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.