"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Things that Make Me Happy

I recently read a book called Little Pieces of Hope: Happy-Making Things in a Difficult World by Todd Doughty. In his book Todd has making lists of "Happy-Making Things." While I am not going to talk much about the book itself, I am taking a page out of Todd's book (not literally) and basing this post off his book. If you want to know more about the book itself you can read my review here. I wish I had taken pictures of some of the pages to share with you. Todd shares some on this Instagram post.

I think too often we make a big deal out of the "big" (I got a new car) things that make us happy, that we forget or don't realize that small things can make us happy too.

Jesus. Matt. Kayla. Elijah. Quiet time. Coffee. Blogging. New book smell. Organized spaces. Laughter. Games. Friends. Holding Matt's hand. Music. The perfect song at just the right moment. Snow. Vacations. The sun shining. Book mail. Texts from friends. Encouraging others. Bacon. Keeping a gratitude journal. Learning new things. Birds chirping. The beach. Snow on the mountains. My extended family. Unexpected gifts. New books. Blog comments. Heating pad. Romantic Comedies. My kids updating me on what's going on with them. Cuddles. Things on my calendar I want to do. Hugs. Putting together puzzles. Catching up with friends. Exercise (when I do it!). Alexa. Hot showers. An author commenting on my review of their book. Food I don't have to cook. Checking things off the to-do list. Clean sheets. Naps.

This is in no way an exhaustive list but I am sure you get the point 😉

What are some things that make you happy? Do we have any in common?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.