"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

December goals

 I am not one to make monthly goals, but this month seems to be calling for it. I don't know about you, but I have never (until this year) struggled with time management. This year has hit me harder and in so many different ways, than previous years, that I don't know if I am coming or going. Stuff that would normally be done without thought is waiting to be done. Even when I seem to be managing my time wisely I am still not getting it done...hence the reason for some goals. I have always joked that I was born an organizer. I like things in their place and do not thrive in chaos...all of 2020 has been chaotic. I do not feel as organized as I would normally be. So here we go..

December goals:

Get back off all sugar (except natural sugars)

Organize my days better

Buy (or make) a better planner so I can do that 👆

Finish Christmas shopping by the end of the week

Wrap all presents by December 18 so I can really enjoy the week before Christmas

Start back to exercising at least twice a week

At least 3 blog posts a week (not counting book review posts)

Get back to Zone cleaning, 15 minutes a day*

Reorganize zones so I can do zone cleaning 

Plan out books to read for the month

Family time each day

Evening family devotional

Carve out some alone time for myself

Start praying about my word for 2021

Identify my top priorities

Focus more on prayer for others

Look back at my yearly goals and see what was accomplished and what still needs to be accomplished 

Give my blog a facelift (hopefully!)

Identify some blog post topics

Hopefully get to help with Christmas Bureau this year

Find ways to encourage friends

What goals do you need to set for yourself? Do you do monthly or yearly goals? What are some blog topics that you would be interested in reading about? 

Would someone please comment in the leave comment section of this blog so I can be sure it is working? When I look at my blog online it kind of looks like it is under construction, so I want to be sure that everything is working correctly. (Feel free to also tell me what you like/don't like about the way the blog is set up!!)

*Zone cleaning is something that I did for years because it worked!!! But, since our last move, finishing my masters classes, becoming a youth leader, becoming a foster parent and continuing to homeschool our kids, it got lost. I highly recommend reading the book or visiting Marla Cilley's (aka The FlyLady)website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.