"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, March 4, 2022

Carry-Five Minute Friday

When I saw the word "carry" was the prompt for today's Five Minute Friday, the song "Dead Man" by Jars of Clay popped into my head. I will put the words below. I also think of all the things that we carry, the ones that are heavy: burdens, groceries, children, the weight of the world. We are not meant to carry our burdens alone, nor were we meant to travel this world alone (reminds me of another song). I don't know about you but I feel like I am carrying too many things and have the weight of the world on my shoulders. Whose fault is that? Mine. I am trying to do it all in my own strength and not relying on the Ultimate source of Power. 

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

We all need other's to help us carry our burdens but more than that we need Christ.

"Dead Man (Carry Me)" (listen here)

January 1, I've got a lot of things on my mind
I'm looking at my body through a new spy satellite
Try to lift a finger, but I don't think I can make the call
So tell me if I move, 'cause I don't feel anything at all

So Carry Me,
I'm just a dead man
Lying on the carpet
Can't find a heartbeat
Make me breathe,
I want to be a new man
Tired of the old one
Out with the old plan


I woke up from a dream about an empty funeral
But is was better than the party full of people I don't really know
They've got hearts to break and burn
Dirty hands to feel the earth
There's something in my veins,
But I can't seem to make it work... won't work

So Carry Me,
I'm just a dead man
Lying on the carpet
Can't find a heartbeat
Make me breathe,
I want to be a new man
Tired of the old one
Out with the old plan

Can you find a beat inside of me?
Any pulse?
Getting worse?
Any pulse?
Getting worse?
Inside of me, can you find a beat?

Carry Me,
I'm just a dead man
Lying on the carpet
Can't find a heartbeat
Make me breathe,
I want to be a new man
Tired of the old one
Out with the old plan [2x]
 
"Weary Traveler" by Jordan St. Cyr (listen here)

Weary traveler
Beat down from the storms that you have weathered
Feels like this road just might go on forever
Carry on


You keep on givin'
But everyday this world just keeps on takin'
Your tired heart is on the edge of breaking
Carry on

Weary traveler, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long


No more searching
Heaven's healing's gonna find where all the hurt is
When Jesus calls we'll lay down all our heavy burdens
Carry on

Weary traveler, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long...

Someday soon we're gonna make it home
Someday soon we're gonna make it home
Someday soon we're gonna make it home
Someday soon we're gonna make it home
Someday soon we're gonna make it home
Someday soon we're gonna make it home
Someday soon we're gonna make it home
Gonna make it home

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long
 
I don't know what you are carrying but I do know you were not meant to carry it alone, and neither am I. We need to be connected to others and again, more importantly Christ. My hope and pray is that you will lay your burdens at the cross and let Jesus carry them. I pray that you will surround yourself with others who will help carry your burdens and not add to them.
 
To see what others had to say about "Carry," or to participate, you can head over to Kate's blog here.  

10 comments:

  1. I've never heard that song - thanks for sharing the lyrics. I think many of us feel the weight of world on our shoulders lately. It is heavy...but, you are right. We are not meant to carry that burden. Pausing just now to remember that - and to hand that weight back to Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I think it's hard NOT to feel the weight right now. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is the key, Cindy, to let Him carry it and obediently partner with Him in what He calls us to and trust Him to take care of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard those before - adding them into my playlist!
    Just stopped by from FMF#34

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder that we need each other. It's been a steep learning curve for me to lean on others, and let them 'carry' me in prayer and with words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath, I was taught at a young age never to ask anyone for anything...so it was a big learning curve for me as well. I still struggle, but God is good!

      Delete
  5. More than ever, this yearning, this need is true. We need it for ourselves, we need to help another.

    Only God.

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.