"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, March 18, 2022

Easy isn't worth it

 Five minutes to talk on easy...and go....

Anything worth doing is worth doing right. If we are tempted to take the easy way out of something
then we are probably not putting forth our best effort. 

Things seem to come easy to some people and this post is not about them 😂😉

This post is for those of us who wish some things would come easy. Although, honestly, if it did, would we truly trust it? I feel like we have to work hard in life for everything. If it is worth having, then it is worth working hard. If you want to have a job then you need to put in the effort to learn the skills to do that job. If you want to make money then you need to work hard to get it. If you want your relationship to work then you have to work for it, it's not going to be easy. If you want to be healthy then you have to work at it. If you want to be at a lower weight then you have to learn self-control, and how to say "no" to the things that are keeping the weight on.

The Lord never promised us an easy life. So, when we are tempted to complain that things are not easy, remember that anything worth having is worth working for.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

I am linking up with Kate over at Five minute Friday. If you are interested in seeing what others have to say about easy or participate in a blog link-up, click on the icon below. 

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Yes! I was thinking on this topic this morning as I was mulling over what to write about for EASY! The way is narrow and the gate small, and life is NOT easy, but Jesus eases the burden by carrying the yoke with us! Praise God!
    -your “neighbor” at the Five Minute Friday Linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am SO thankful He eases our burdens, Julee! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Whatever has worth...requires work and effort. I totally agree. I'm grateful for those around me (family, friends, church family, etc) that God has given me to help with the load - the work - of so many things. That thought occured to me this afternoon as I was reading your post. Yes, there is work required but, thankfully, I do not always have to bear the burden alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I am super thankful for those who come alongside me as well to carry the burdens. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. If it is worth doing
    it is worth doing right;
    from bathtub beer a-brewin'
    to cancer's final fight
    there is a joy in trying
    to do the best you can,
    for in the day you're dying
    you'll know well that you ran
    the race of life well as you could
    from start unto the finish,
    and though, yeah, the devil would
    work hard to diminish
    the shining goals you're reaching toward,
    they still belong to Christ the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, that's beautiful. I could not comment on your post without creating a new account.

      Delete
  4. Good food for thought, Cindy. Think it's just what I need to hear as I'm always looking for EASY.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.