"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, July 10, 2021

I was slapped today


Okay, not literally, but figuratively. Here I am minding my own business and within an hour I had two personal attacks. I will not give all the details (even though the two people are not likely to read my blog), but the message was the same...

I am better than you.

You are not good enough.

Well, I was already overtired and emotional before those two slaps and it was not what I needed. But, you know what? I don't care. I refuse to give in to those two lies...

Here is the truth...they might be better than me. But, I don't care. You know why? Because I am exactly who God created me to be. Those people do not need to like me, and life is not a comparison game. They might compare themselves to me and find me lacking, but I am not comparing myself to them. There's no need. I know who I am and I know Whose I am.

The second...you are good enough...well, I struggle a bit more with that one. I have always had low self-esteem and confidence and after going through a season of intense bullying I lost my voice for a while. I am still fighting my way back. But, God is faithful, I am a work in progress and I do not need to find my worth in what other people think. I need to keep my eyes on the Author and Perfecter of my faith. I still feel the need to cry, but I did before the two attacks came, so it's just one of those days.

What lies have people told you lately? If you need to know the truth of who you are, read Ephesians chapter one and meditate on the fact God chose YOU! He created you and me and He is the One who gets to tell us when/where we are failing, not random people who have no say in our lives. Always look for the truth in comments, but also take the time to stop and consider the source.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.