"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, July 9, 2021

4th of July 2021


We typically travel for all major holidays. That has been our tradition since the kids were young. With my family scattered across three states and close friends in other states, we travel. Last year we didn't get to because of Covid, so we were super excited to be able to go to Tennessee this year. We stayed with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece. We mostly hung out in or around the pool, except one day that Jennifer and I decided to go shopping. We decided to go to Target and on the way there we decided we would stop at Marshall's on our way back home. After Marshall's we were too tired to do anything else and the kids were disappointed that we were home so soon ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ We were just so tired (me from traveling, her from her job and busy week), that we couldn't think of anything else to do and didn't need to buy anything else. Jennifer joked that we were getting old and couldn't party as hard as we used too...I won't lie, there is truth in that statement ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Saturday night we made smores around the bonfire (and yes, I ate them, even thought I
was not supposed to, because, hello, SMORES!), let the kids throw pop-its and light sparklers and once it got close to 10pm we headed to Chili's parking lot to watch the fireworks being shot off (we didn't want to go to the lake and deal with crowds and traffic), we were back at Jennifer's by 11:45pm. Sunday was the 4th of July and we hung out by the pool all afternoon and evening. My brother, his wife, and three of his boys were able to join us. It was really great to see them and catch up, it had been way too many years since we had last seen them! Monday we were sad to head home, which is a sign of a great vacation, when you are all sad to part, instead of ready to go! I will let the pictures tell the whole story-enjoy! 

What did you do for the 4th of July? What is your normal tradition? I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.