"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, January 29, 2016

Are you ready?


What do you do when you are preparing for a big event? If you are like most ladies you get your hair and nails done, shop for a new dress and put your best effort into your look. Most men take a shower and call it good. No seriously, depending on the man, they might get a haircut, get their nails done and shop for new clothes too. They also want to put their best foot forward.
Did you know that another BIG event is coming? It might not be today, tomorrow or even next week, but it IS coming. Christ will return someday. Are you ready? I am channeling my inner excited Elsa voice when I am asking if you are ready. If you don't know what I am talking about click on Elsa's name and watch the super short video clip. In it she asks if they are ready and then she does some beautiful things with ice. I am asking are you ready because the most beautiful thing is coming...can you imagine walking through those pearly gates and meeting our Maker??
Now, you may or may not be a Christian, but regardless, He is coming again and we need to be ready. If you are a Christian, are you ready? Are you living each and every day in a way that will bring glory to HIM? Are you being a good Christian witness?
I can hear some of you say, “I don’t believe in that.” Well, that is fine too, because it is a choice for each and every one of us to make. I choose to believe and I choose Christ. Now, if I am right, then I will spend eternity in heaven with my heavenly Father and my Christian family and friends. If I am wrong? Well, then I will still have spent my life trying to do my best, to be good and do the right thing, and to treat others like I would want to be treated. I will live my life in such a way that I don’t have regrets. Do I get it right all the time? Of course not, I may be a Christian, but that doesn’t make me perfect. I am human and I do and will continue to make mistakes and not always choose the right choice.
Now, what if you are right and there is not a God and heaven? Well you can continue to live your life exactly as you please while you are on earth and die knowing you lived your life exactly as you wanted to live. Again, it’s your choice. But, what if you are wrong? What is there is a God and a place called Heaven? Prepare to meet your maker and spend eternity burning in hell. Will you have regrets? Will you have really lived your life just the way that you wanted to live it?
This may sound harsh, but I want my friends and family in heaven with me, not burning in Hell. So, if you have never heard of Jesus Christ, He is real and He desires a relationship with you.  How do you learn more about Him? By reading the Bible and asking questions about what you are reading. Don’t take my word for it, read it for yourself and draw your own conclusions.
I know Christians have gotten a lot of bad press, mostly for being too legalistic. Our God is a God of details, but He is not legalistic, nor do I believe He wants us to be. (I am speaking to myself here too, I know I used to be way to legalistic and have mellowed a bit over the years) He is the judge, not us. When we make issues out of non-issues we are not representing Him well.
Some people think that they need to get their life cleaned up before they come to Him. However, Jesus says to come as you are. He is not looking for perfection, He is looking for a willing heart. You can repent of your past mistakes and failures, He is a God of forgiveness and will wash your sins away, making you clean as the freshly fallen snow. Your slate will be clean when you ask Him for forgiveness and you can truly start over and be free. Again, don't take my word for it, read your Bible to find the answers for yourself.
 If you died tomorrow, would you have regrets? (And I hear, "no because I will be dead!") Seriously, if today was your last day on earth, would you have regrets? Would you look back and wish you had done things differently? Today is the day to make those changes so that you will not have regrets. As long as you have breath it's not to late. If you are reflecting on your life and not happy with the choices you have made, make a change today! Now I am thinking of Michael Jackson and his song "Man in the Mirror." As you look in the mirror what changes can you/should you be making?? It has to start with YOU, no one can do it for you!!!!! "I'm gonna make a change...it's going to feel real good...gotta make that change today..."-Michael Jackson...If you don't know the song click on the link and lesson, it really is a good message.
Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.