"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, January 25, 2016

Blank Slate


The fresh fallen snow reminds me of a blank slate. It is beautiful and unmarred by anything. I love how pretty it looks before anyone walks or drives on it. Each day is a blank slate too, a chance to start over. No matter what you did yesterday, today is a chance to start over, a chance to do the right thing. Yesterday’s choices don’t have to define who you are today. Maybe you yelled at your kids, your husband, your parents, the grocery store checker, the car in front of you, the car behind you…it doesn’t matter, today you get a fresh start to do it right. I keep thinking of something I said to my kids last night. It wasn’t bad but it is still something I wish I hadn’t said. Today is a new day to watch my words closer, to choose nice and good words, words that build up and not to tear down. We are only given one life to live and I want to live a life of no regrets. Today, I can start over, treat others like I want to be treated, chose to make the right choices with what I eat and whether or not I exercise, yesterday’s choices don’t matter today. Just because I made a mistake yesterday doesn’t mean I have to repeat the same mistake today or tomorrow.  Today is a day to spend my time doing the things that need to be done, not just flitting my time away. What areas of your life do you need a blank slate in? What things do you do over and over again, even though you don’t want to? “I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.” Romans 7:15

Today is a new day, you get a new start. Stop repeating yesterday’s mistakes and start living a new life today.
“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10


I don't know if you can see the heart in this bottom picture or not, but it reminds me that their is beauty in everything, including snow melting. Let's look for the good, the beauty in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.