"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Organization

It's that time again...the time when all the suitcases are out and we are packing. I was recently talking to some friends and I was saying how much I had to do to prepare for this move and one lady said "Well, don't they (the movers) just come in and pack all your stuff??" Kind of like, "why are you stressing?" Well, yeah, they do. However, I have to know what items are going in my suitcases and what is going in the air shipment and what we can wait months for that we can send in the sea shipment. My child was seriously upset yesterday and told me it was "all overwhelming." Some tasks are overwhelming but if you break them down they become more manageable. I started planning weeks ago for our move. The lists were made and things started getting moved closer to the place they needed to be for the move. However, it's still hard. It's Saturday morning, we fly out in the wee hours of Monday morning and I am looking at 6 suitcases pretty much at weight limit, yet still has space. I have rearranged them again...and I am still looking at 6 heavy suitcases. 

We are all very stressed and handling it differently. There are several things that have made this move harder...we still don't know our final destination...I have to pack pretty much all of the kids school books because we will still be doing school through all of the transitions. We are looking at at least 6 weeks of living out of suitcases and 3-4 months of being in transition waiting for all of our things to arrive.

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." A. A. Milne

I am thankful for the time I have had to organize up to this point. I wouldn't say it's made it easy, but it has made it easier. I couldn't imagine trying to figure out what we need at this point. We are so frazzled that a lot of our thought processes don't make sense! But, it is what it is and we will survive this too. I am looking forward to the time we have in the states before we start the craziness of house hunting. Also, as we continue to organize, rearrange and make sure our suitcases aren't overweight...will you pray for us? We are pretty maxed out and tired, and haven't even started to travel yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.