"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Tomorrow

This week has been a little wacky as it is mine and the kids last week in Greece. This has caused a tremendous amount of worry and stress for the kiddos. If I am being completely honest I have good days and bad days depending on if I am walking with God, or worrying on my own! The other night I was putting Kayla to bed (yes we still tuck them in and will as long as they let us!), and she looked like she had something on her mind. So I asked her if anything was bothering her. She's like not really. So I pushed her a little bit (she is a stuffer, she stuffs her emotions and is not always willing to share what's on her mind). She then proceeded to ask a million questions about this move and when would we know where we are going (good question, I don't know), what happens if daddy doesn't get this job (another good question)...and on and on she went. I tried to answer her questions as best I could and then reminded her that no matter what tomorrow holds, I know who holds our future and I am positive that we will end up exactly where God wants us. The next morning the song "Tomorrow" came on by Unspoken. 

In the lyrics it says:
 "Don’t know what tomorrow holds
I’m learning how to let it go
Jesus, You are in control
Of my tomorrow, tomorrow
Come and take the fear away
‘Til there’s nothing left but faith
I know You will help me face
My tomorrow, tomorrow"

As this song was playing I said to Kayla "Do you hear the words??" She's like "yeah." So I reminded her and Elijah to remember this lesson! We all have good days and bad days. We all have days where it's hard to face our tomorrows...but we need to remember Who is already there and has everything worked out for us! We need to have faith and trust that no matter what tomorrow holds we can let the fear go. What fear are you holding onto that you need to let go of? What can you change so that you are not dreading your tomorrows?

The lyrics also go on to say:

"I don't wanna  miss this day because it's a gift
I can't miss a chance to leave it in your hands."


Every single day that we are given is a gift and I don't want to take that for granted or miss a chance to leave it in His hands! No matter what you are going through, don't miss the gift of living life to the fullest, each and every day! Fear has no place here, it strangles you and it casts out joy. In the Bible it says over 40 times "Do not fear." So, I am telling you DO NOT FEAR! God has this, whatever "this" is for you. Trust Him, lean on Him, leave your struggles and fears at His feet! It's not easy, especially if you are like me and like to feel in control. I am definitely not in control of our tomorrows and I am perfectly okay with that, since I know Who is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.