"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, March 27, 2015

Hope when hurting

This morning I was surfing through Facebook, as I do probably too often and I was stuck by the amount of hurt and pain that was on there. I have friends who are sick, have financial troubles, are going through divorce, suffering from a miscarriage, moving, dealing with the death of loved ones and the list goes on and on. As I was thinking on these things I remembered the devotional I had read to the kids a few nights ago. One verse really resonated with me. It hit me so hard I read it out loud multiple times to the kids, I did NOT want them to miss this promise! Then I made them each go grab their Bible and mark it in their Bible, so they would remember this promise.
To my friends out there who are suffering, no matter what you are going through, here is the promise I want you to take and claim for your own:
Isaiah 41:13:
"For I am the Lord, you God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
Did you catch that??????????? He holds our hand and He WILL help us! Nowhere in the Bible does it say we will not have sorrow, suffering, sicknesses, death, financial ruin, heartache, but, grab that promise, He will help us through it!!!! Doesn't that just make your heart sing for joy??? I know it did mine. I really needed that promise.
I also came across this verse today from Ecclesiastes 7:14:
"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future."
I know I am guilty of grumbling and complaining when things are not good and not going my way. I forget that their is someone there who wants to help me!!! I also am guilty of thinking why should I have to go through this. But, God grows us through each and every thing that happens in our life, good and bad. We do have a choice how we react to these circumstances. I am going to try harder to choose joy and hang on to the promise that the One who never sleeps and slumbers, does not grow weary, is going to help ME. How awesome is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.