"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, March 19, 2015

A promise

I am having one of those days. Again. You know the kind. The kid or kids get up too early. You get news you did not want to hear. You are drying your hair with a hairdryer, the same as you do every day, but, on this day, you nail yourself in the forehead, bruising on contact. By this time you realize you are tired, and getting grumpy. Then an alarm in the house starts beeping. Thankfully husband had only gotten to the ground floor and hadn't left the building yet, so he comes back up to fix the alarm. I knew it would put my right over the edge to have to listen to that incessant beeping all day. Then a child throws a small fit. You try to teach school, but you keep getting interrupted, making your already short patience, shorter. Before very much longer you are a huge bundle of frustration, knowing your head is going to explode any second. You feel like you just need a good cry, but the tears just won't come.

Well, as soon as I could I decided to go and spend a little time by in my room by myself. I came across something I had cut out of a magazine a long time ago. It said 30 days of Do Not Fear verses. Well, I wasn't fearful, just super frustrated and tired and cranky.... But, I decided to go through the verses. I got to the last one and found this promise:

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear: I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 (emphasis mine)

I tell you, I need help. On so many levels. As I am typing this my kids are playing Legoes, quite loudly, in their pretend voices and one of them is singing Christmas carols! I may not be the only one who needs help!!!

Looking in my study Bible, it says this in relation to the verse listed above: "To strengthen them and keep them from stumbling. Do not fear." I don't know if that resonates with you like it does with me. But, I circled this verse in my Bible. I am holding onto the promise that "I will help you." "Strengthen them." "Keep them from stumbling."

If you need a little encouragement today, no matter what you are going through, or how trivial (yes, I know most of what I listed above is trivial and there are people in the world who are facing serious crisis')know that God will help you. I also encourage you to open your Bible and read the few verses above it as well, Isaiah 41:10-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.