"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday, Sunday

Hello Sunday. Usually this is a day when we go to Church and then, here in Athens,  come home and veg the rest of the day. Doing family stuff together, and just being lazy. Today, Kayla woke up later than she usually would on a Sunday and got ready for Church, then came in and told me that she just didn't think it was a good idea if she went to Church today. She had been in a funk since yesterday afternoon and I didn't push her. She NEVER wants to miss Church, even when she is sick. She loves going and loves seeing her friends. It's very unusual for her and if she felt like she needed to stay home, then stay home we would.
Matt and Elijah headed off for Church and Kayla went into the Home school room and did a Bible lesson. I worked on my Beth Moore study, Children of the Day. Once she was done with her lesson she came in to see how I was doing. I still had 35 minutes left of my study so I told her to go write in her prayer journal, to write like she was writing her closest friend, with no regard to how the words came out on paper. She came back a while later, smiling and finished my study with me. When I asked her how she was doing she said she was feeling better. Her mood has been so great from that moment on. She poured herself onto the paper and it filled her up. I do that sometimes, where yes, I could pray out loud or in my head, but somehow just pouring it out onto the paper really seems to let it go. I have no idea what she wrote, but I am thankful that she left her burdens at the feet of the one who could handle them best. I am thankful we did not go to Church this morning and she was able to get what she needed most by staying home. Obviously we don't need to stay home every week, we need our Church and we need our fellowship, but I am thankful for the times we can be filled even at home. God doesn't demand that we be fed only at Church, I am so thankful for the opportunity to worship Him from time to time from my couch.
"Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:8
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.