"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Share Four Somethings-May 2022

Welcome back to share four somethings, a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month. The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved. Even if you do not participate in the link-up, I would love to hear your four somethings from the last month. 

Something Loved

There are so many things I have loved from the past month. Of course, they all have to do my family. Kayla is home for the summer. My husband and I celebrated 23 years of marriage, my son had a music concert, graduated high school, and bought a new car. Plus, I am spending the weekend in TN with my sister, niece, and brother-in-law.

 Something Gleaned

This month I read What If Jesus Was Serious? A Visual Guide to the Teachings of Jesus We Love to Ignore by Skye Jethani. One of the things he said was: "What if the underlying malady afflicting Christians today isn't that we take Jesus too seriously, but that we've failed to take Him seriously enough? What if much of the culture's judgment of Christians isn't the result of obeying Jesus, but the result of Christians ignoring Him?" It is an amazing book and I highly recommend it. Very thought-provoking. You can read more of my thoughts here.

Another book I read was Raising Emotionally Strong Boys: Tools Your Son Can Build on for Life by David Thomas. This was another excellent book with tools that I believe would be beneficial to both boys and girls (including adults). One thing he said that really resonated with me, "The architecture of our brain can change. We can always create new pathways." Children are not the only ones who get stuck in an "I can't" mentality, or "it's too hard," our brain can be trained to change. That's great news for all of us.

Something Braved or Saved

Last month I told you I had applied to be a receptionist at Proverbs 31 Ministries. Since then I have gone through the four-part interview process, including a project, and an in-person interview. I am waiting to hear if I will get the job or not. I should know something by the end of this upcoming week. Thank you to those who have been praying me through this process. Rather I get the job or not, I feel I have been obedient in what God has asked me to to. I recently re-posted a post from 2016 where I mentioned my thoughts of working at Proverbs 31 and you can read that here. It's easy to say that this has been a 6 year process.

Something Achieved

 I finished 11 years of Homeschooling my children. My son graduated on May 14th (my daughter 2 years ago). I have finished the paperwork and was going to say I was completely finished, but as I was typing this I just realized I haven't shut down our school with the state. Once I do that I will be completely finished.

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Heather's blog by clicking on the icon below.

24 comments:

  1. Wow - totally shutting down your school! What a moment. Here's to reflecting on all the good/great memories! And, congratulations to your son. Graduated AND bought a car - wow! Hope you enjoy your trip to Tennessee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, it has been a wild ride and I still have not processed it!

      Delete
  2. My husband and I celebrated 23 years of marriage as well this month. I read the Skye Jethani book you mentioned and didn't care for it that much (some parts were good but overall there were too many things in the book that bugged me). I'm glad you enjoyed it and got something out of it. I hope you hear great news about your job prospects at Proverbs 31. Working there sounds amazing and how cool that you wanted to work there for a long time and it may come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. Happy 23rd anniversary to you and your hubby :) Sorry the Skye Jethani book was a let down for you.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your accomplishments - getting through the interview process, and on educating your children! Shutting down the homeschool is bittersweet, isn't it? I pray that it's mostly sweet and satisfying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, I still haven't had time to process the school closing. I think it will hit hardest in August when we don't start back up. Thanks for the prayers, they are GREATLY appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Cindy on 23 years of mariage, completing the homeschooling of your children and staying the course with faithfulness for the Proverbs 31 job! Such an inspiring month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I appreciate the words of encouragement.

      Delete
  5. A lot of good things. Congrats on completing schooling of your kids. Hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the anniversary and graduation. Exciting times! #ShareFourSomethings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your son's graduation and eleven years of homeschooling! Woohoo! Such a huge milestone for you and your family. May you have a wonderful visit in TN and a wonderful summer with your daughter home. Congratulations on 23 years of marriage! And may the Lord bless you regarding the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you be filled with peace and anticipation as you transition into this next season. I hear Him whispering, 'well done, good and faithful servant,'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great things happening in your life, Cindy. I am very intrigued by What If Jesus Was Serious? A Visual Guide to the Teachings of Jesus We Love to Ignore by Skye Jethani. I am going to see if I can find it. Congratulations on your 23rd anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. I have read one other book by Skye Jethani and really enjoyed it as well. My husband has read 2 others and loved them, which I plan to get to eventually :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for linking us to this blog from your Book Corner blog! Congrats to all the great things mentioned (graduation, car, shutting down the home school, home for the summer...) and happy anniversary to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking a moment to check out what was going on :) Life has been crazy the past few months, but in good ways!!!

      Delete
  11. Can't wait to hear about the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, thanks, unfortunately I did not get it :( But, I am sure God has something else in mind for me.

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.