"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Thursday encouragment-The Lord is near

I started a new Bible Study this week. It has been a while since I have participated in an Online Bible Study through Proverbs 31 Ministries. However, when I saw that they were going to be doing a study called "Fighting Words" I was all in. It is based on the book Fighting Words Devotional: 100 Days of Speaking Truth into the Darkness by Ellie Holcomb. We are only 3 days into the study and I am already getting so much out of it. I am attempting to memorize the first memory verse, and one line in  particular keeps resonating with me.

The Lord is near.

What does it mean to be near? According to the dictionary it is:

 "at, within, a short distance of time; almost, nearly; in a close or intimate manner."

Other words often used in place of near:

around, by, close, nearby, close in

And of course the opposite:

far, farther, opposite,

Can I just tell you how thankful I am that the Lord is near?! I am so glad that He is not far away. With all that is going on in the world I need the reminder that the Lord is near...He is always near.

But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds. Psalm 73:28

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18

Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Isaiah 55:6

You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. James 5:8

 I hope that you find these verses as encouraging as I do today.

"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20

4 comments:

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.