"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Share Four Somethings-June 2022

I cannot believe this is the last day of June! Each month seems to fly by faster!! I barely got this post in this month, but better late than never. Welcome back to share four somethings, a monthly link-up hosted by Heather Gerwing (thank you Heather!) where you literally share four somethings on the fourth Saturday of the month. The categories are Something Loved, Something Gleaned, Something Braved, and Something Achieved. Even if you do not participate in the link-up, I would love to hear your four somethings from the last month.
 Something Loved
We just got back from a nine day vacation. We started with a night in Indiana to visit my family. Headed to Illinois, drove part of Route 66, headed into Wisconsin to explore The Dells, spent a night in Minnesota (wish we could have stayed longer), spent a few more nights in Wisconsin, went to one of Kayla's BFF's wedding, and then spent two days traveling home. We have been home for three days and I am still playing catch-up. I plan to do more in-depth blog posts for our trip, so check back if you are interested in more details. 


Something Gleaned

This month I read Find Your People: Building Deep Community in a Lonely World by Jennie Allen. This book was/is AMAZING!!! I was reading it from the library and when I almost highlighted the library book I knew I had to have it. Then I turned around and bought Kayla and Elijah a copy because they need it too...my guess is you do too, or someone you know does. One of the things that Jennie said that resonated with me was "I want us to trade lonely and isolated lives that experience brief bursts of connectedness for intimately connected lives that know only brief intervals of feeling alone." I could gush about this book all day long, but I will link my review if you want to know more of my thoughts on it.

 Something Braved or Saved

In May I told you I had applied to be a receptionist at Proverbs 31 Ministries. Last month I was still waiting to hear if I got the job. I did not. I was SUPER bummed and disappointed. I tried not to let thoughts of "what did I do wrong?" take over. Since then I have seen that the schedule would not have worked. Kayla and Elijah both work at Chick-fil-A, and asked that their schedules be the same, at least if Kayla was going in at 8 for Elijah not to go in at 11, that type of thing. The scheduler said he would do that. Four weeks later their schedules are more out of whack than they have ever been. We would have been scrambling to get Elijah to and from work. So, I am thankful that I didn't get it as I still need to take him or pick him up upon occasion. I have actively been searching for a job since April and nothing has worked out. I am beginning to think I will need to wait until after Elijah gets his license in August (please Lord, help him to pass the test!).

Something Achieved

Something that I have wanted to do since we moved into this house 6 years ago was to organize the house into cleaning zones. If you are familiar with Flylady (aka Marla Cilley) then you know what I am talking about. If not, click on her name and take a quick glance around her site. It is something I have done with every place we have lived in because it makes the cleaning easier and more manageable. I don't know why it took 6 years because it only took about an hour or so to organize!! So, that is what I achieved this month, zone planning and then started implementing it before we went on vacation.

So, what about you? What is something that you have loved in this month? Something you have gleaned? Something achieved and something brave? I would love to hear from you!
 
"To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:20
 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
 
To see what other bloggers are sharing this month head over to Heather's blog by clicking on the icon below. 

8 comments:

  1. Cindy, don't know how I missed your post before! Sounds like your trip was pretty fantastic, my husband has always wanted to drive on Route 66, but somehow from Pennsylvania we have never gotten there!
    I'm sorry you did not get the job at Proverbs 31, but how neat you are able to see God's hand in it. I just know He has something even better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Donna, I just got my post up yesterday and started visiting everyone else's today...way behind! We only did a short part of Route 66 in Illinois but we enjoyed it. Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement, I really needed that!!

      Delete
  2. Rejoicing with you, Cindy, that you were able to set your cleaning zones up in your house. I know that feels so good! I'm sorry it didn't work out with Proverbs 31 Ministries (yet), but I'm thankful you have this next month to enjoy your children a little bit more before you transition into the next season. I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing about the Jennie Allen book too. I have read one of her other books and really enjoyed it, and I think I'd enjoy this one too. I'm sorry the job opportunity didn't work out - I hope you find the right thing soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lesley. We had a great trip and I LOVED Jennie's book, so practical and needed!

      Delete
  4. I just started Jennie's book and am doing the bible study of it in August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, that is awesome! It is a wonderful book!

      Delete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.