"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, June 3, 2022

Five Minute Friday-Danger

When I saw that today's writing prompt was "danger" I immediately thought of the line "Danger, Will Robinson, danger." I don't think that I have ever seen the show that it is from (Lost in Space, yes, I had to look it up), but it's so popular that it sticks with you.

The problem with danger is that we don't see it coming and often don't know it's there until we've walked smack dab into the middle of it. 

The Bible tells us, "The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." Proverbs 22:3

This verse is so important that it is repeated a few chapters later, "The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." Proverbs 27:12

I don't know about you but I want to be prudent and take refuge from danger instead of walking into it. There are ways that I can do this. I can seek the Lord with all my heart, asking for His will and His way. He promises to guide me. When I see the danger ahead I can choose to make a coarse correction and not continue on that path.

Timer beeping...

Today's blog post is written for a community link-up called Five Minute Friday's. You can head over to Kate's blog (our host for 5 minute Fridays) and participate or read other blogger posts. Have a great weekend, friends!

12 comments:

  1. My son loves the show, "Lost in Space." Thank you for sharing the wonderfully encouraging verses. I am stopping by from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and son like it too, LOL. They watch it when I am around because they know I wouldn't enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize the verse was repeated twice in Proverbs, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love when I see repeated verses, to me they mean, pay attention!

      Delete
  3. My first thought was the same as yours this week but I’m old enough to to have watched the show back in the day! It sure we be nice to have that kind of loud warning system today to keep us from stepping into danger. I sometimes miss the Still Small Voice and walk right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that completely!! We are not perfect, but works in progress, and I am thankful that God forgives us when we do miss that nudge from the Holy Spirit.

      Delete
  4. For the record, I have not idea what quote you are referring to - I'm so out of touch! LOL But I took long for wisdom...and prudence. I want to be sensitive to His prompting...in order to avoid so much that threatens me - physically, emotionally and spiritually. I enjoyed your post this afternoon. I hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I appreciate the encouragement!

      Delete
  5. Great post! It is important to seek God and stay alert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That truly is the answer, to seek the Lord with all our heart. It seems to be the answer for everything. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments bring me joy! Please share your thoughts below. I look forward to hearing from you.